Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Business Analyst to join our growing team in Vaughan, ON. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide.
JOB SUMMARY: The Business Analyst will be involved in all aspects of working with the project stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, validate and document the requirements for a system in order to solve a given business problem. The Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Project Leader in identifying project stakeholders and establishing user classes, as well as their characteristics
- Conduct stakeholder interviews together with Project Manager to gather user requirements and work with project team to prioritize collected requirements
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Create use cases , specifications and diagrams to provide direction to development and test team members
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted
- Assist project team in the creation and review of functional and Acceptance Tests
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally and through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Adhere to defined organizational processes and recommend improvements
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration related discipline or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development in an iterative environment.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Experience working with software development methodologies (CMMI, Agile, Iterative)
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages (Java, C#)
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, and a figure-it-out mindset
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business processes and operations (financial sector preferred)
- Hands-on experience with relevant tools including: MS Team Foundation ServerTFS or IBM DOORS,IBM ClearCase, ClearQuest, SharePoint, or Enterprise Architect (EA),
- Experience and understanding of multi-tier web and client/server applications, and associated computer hardware
- Excellent ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members in a multicultural and international environment
- Focused and well organized to effectively prioritize and execute tasks and key deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, strong interpersonal and listening skills
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/ca/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer