Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Buyer to join our growing team in Dulles, VA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
Responsible for selecting and negotiating with approved vendors, placing purchase orders in response to materials requirements, and conducting benchmarking for price, quality, response time, delivery reliability and year -over-year price reductions. Works closely with production schedulers and Service Material Planners to determine material needs in accordance to Field Service requirements and ensures delivery sequences to departments according to priorities.
- Place purchase orders or blanket orders based on planning documents in ERP planning system (SAP)
- Ensure all procurement actions which commit the company are properly documented, reviewed and approved consistent with policy and procedure
- Perform cost or price analysis on procurements of moderate value, risk and complexity
- Coordinate risk assessments and execute risk management plans and moderate risk procurements
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities aimed at eliminating process waste to reduce cycle times and cost
- Perform analysis of purchasing needs, including analysis of costs
- Forecast requirements, issue periodic reports on trends, and negotiates pricing, discounts, and contracts
- Review requirements document (i.e., statement of work, drawings and specifications) for clarity and adequacy
- Identify potential resources for required materials, equipment, supplies and services, and develop and issue request for proposals
- Respond to supplier inquires and coordinate source selection decisions with other company activities
- Work towards supporting the overall business by using goals to reduce cost, improve quality and order fulfillment by executing with proficiency the PO placement process
- Receive, review, and evaluate supplier proposals to ensure they meet Prime proposal requirements
- Participate on proposal evaluation teams in fact finding, technical evaluation, and cost/price analysis
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Conduct benchmarking for price, quality, response time, delivery reliability, and year-over-year reductions
- Maintain database system integrity and generate management data for internal customers
- Perform statistical analyses to maximize purchasing opportunities
- Follow up on delivery performance and make reviews as required
- Coordinate with accounts payable and shipping/receiving regarding billing or returns,respectively ensure that accounts payable records reflect actuals
- Support and expand on all opportunities to drive improvements in inventory, fulfillment, cycle time, and capacity management and growth
- Ensure customer service levels by meeting regularly with customer service, production, sales, logistics, and senior management to impact timing and velocity of demand
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience in purchasing or a related field or equivalent in experience
- Previous MRP (SAP) experience preferred
- Familiarity with standard purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience working in various commodities
- Proven proficiency in purchasing/planning in a manufacturing environment
- Firm understanding of : BOM (Bill of Material) construction, reading an Electro/Mechanical blueprint, and Engineering terms and symbols
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate with multiple levels of management and staff throughout the organization
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Effective analytical ability with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain management
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity