Depot Repair Technician
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Depot Repair Technician responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing - to the component level - complex technical problems for a broad product line of currency processing equipment.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to competitive remuneration, you can also expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
Depot Technicians are responsible for the testing and quality assurnance of repairs, requesting necessary supplies and support materials needed for repair activities, and for maintaining repair records.
- With direction from others, assist in the analysis, diagnosis and repair of complex electronic, electromechanical and optical equipment to the component level using advanced diagnostic and test equipment.
- Responsible for testing and quality assurance of own repairs.
- Provide accurate records of repair activities.
- Process orders for supplies and support materials needed for the Depot Repair Department.
- Assist in keeping Depot Repair Department well organized and equipment in proper order.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Depot Repair Manager or Senior Repair Technicians.
- AAS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline or high school diploma (or equivalent) plus two years’ work experience (preferably in a field service environment) required.
- Must have:
- basic knowledge of complex microprocessor controlled systems
- working knowledge of diagnostic test equipment
- the ability to read schematics and logic diagrams
- the ability to repair to the component level
- Must be computer literate and an effective communicator (oral and written) and must conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times while managing resources, projects, and priorities for self in a constantly changing environment
- Must display a committment to continuous quality improvement
- Flexibility to work long hours as necessary
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity