Electromechanical Field Service Technician II
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Electromechanical Field Service Technician II to join our growing team in Seattle, WA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies company policies and procedures to diagnose and repair mechanical, hardware, software, and systems failures.
- Responds to service calls promptly, performs maintenance of equipment systems at a customer site on a variable shift schedule that is determined by customer needs, and assists operators with operational problems that occur during a shift.
- Performs all administrative duties including record keeping, reporting, and inventory management in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains and develops technical competence through formal training programs, on-site training, and on-the-job training.
- Adheres to all required company policies concerning confidentiality of company information as well as customer policies procedures including Custody and Control Procedures.
- Manages parts inventory, coordinates shipment of parts for repair and replenishment, and maintains the inventory of tools and test equipment.
- Records maintenance activities using approved methods and procedures.
- Follows escalation procedures to ensure that problems are resolved expeditiously and that timely communications are maintained with designated G&D personnel and customer management.
- Actively promotes a high level of customer satisfaction by maintaining open communications and providing pro-active attention to customer requirements.
- Demonstrates flexibility to travel, as necessary, in support of business needs, including travel to provide coverage for other Field Engineers during vacations, illnesses, etc. Coverage can be at a home site or could require travel to other sites.
- Performs all activities in a safe manner and adheres to company policies and procedures relating to safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- AAS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline or high school diploma (or equivalent) plus two years’ work experience (preferably in a field service environment) required.
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical equipment a plus.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
We look forward to receiving your online application at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/currency-technology/career/jobs/.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity