Electromechanical Field Service Technician II
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Level II Field Engineer to join our growing team in East Coast Region of the US. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to competitive remuneration, you can also expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
Join us in shaping the future. For our Division Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. we are looking for a Level II Field Engineer to perform customer-site servicing and repair of complex electromechanical equipment while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through the use of data- driven tools, proactive attention to customer requirements and positive customer interactions. This position requires the flexibility to work long hours and travel as necessary.
- Applies company policies and procedures to diagnose and repair mechanical, hardware, software, and systems failures.
- Responds to service calls promptly, performs maintenance of equipment systems at a customer site on a variable shift schedule that is determined by customer needs, and assists operators with operational problems that occur during a shift.
- Performs all administrative duties including record keeping, reporting, and inventory management in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains and develops technical competence through formal training programs, on-site training, and on-the-job training.
- Adheres to all required company policies concerning confidentiality of company information as well as customer policies procedures including Custody and Control Procedures.
- Manages parts inventory, coordinates shipment of parts for repair and replenishment, and maintains the inventory of tools and test equipment.
- Records maintenance activities using approved methods and procedures.
- Follows escalation procedures to ensure that problems are resolved expeditiously and that timely communications are maintained with designated G+D personnel and customer management.
- Actively promotes a high level of customer satisfaction by maintaining open communications and providing pro-active attention to customer requirements.
- Demonstrates flexibility to travel, as necessary, in support of business needs, including travel to provide coverage for other Field Engineers during vacations, illnesses, etc. Coverage can be at a home site or could require travel to other sites.
- Performs all activities in a safe manner and adheres to company policies and procedures relating to safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AAS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline or high school diploma (or equivalent) plus two years’ work experience (preferably in a field service environment) required.
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical equipment a plus.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity