Electromechanical Field Service Technician III
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Level III Field Engineer to perform customer-site servicing and repair of complex electromechanical equipment while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through the use of data-driven tools, proactive attention to customer requirements and positive customer interactions.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes knowledge and skills to diagnose and repair mechanical, hardware, software, and systems failures
- Responds to service calls promptly, performs maintenance of equipment systems at a customer site on a variable shift schedule that is determined by customer needs, and assists operators with operational problems that occur during a shift
- Performs all administrative duties including record keeping, reporting, and inventory management in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains and develops technical competence through formal training programs, on-site training, and on-the-job training
- Adheres to all required company policies concerning confidentiality of company information as well as customer policies and procedures
- Manages parts inventory, coordinates shipment of parts for repair and replenishment, and maintains the inventory of tools and test equipment
- Records maintenance activities using approved methods and procedure
- Follows escalation procedures to ensure that problems are resolved expeditiously and that timely communications are maintained with designated G+D personnel and customer management
- Actively promotes a high level of customer satisfaction by maintaining open communications and providing pro-active attention to customer requirements
- Demonstrates flexibility to travel, as necessary, in support of business needs, including travel to provide coverage for other Field Engineers during vacations, illnesses, etc. Coverage can be at a home site or could require travel to other sites
- Performs all activities in a safe manner and adheres to company policies and procedures relating to safety
- Assist with onsite training of lower level Field Engineers
- BS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline and one year experience (preferably in a field service environment); AAS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline and three years’ experience (preferably in a field service environment); or High School diploma (or equivalent) plus five years’ work experience (preferably in a field service environment) required.
- Capabilities should include electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability, understanding of electronic principles, and a working knowledge of computer systems and P.C.’s. Hands on experience with solenoids, belts, rollers, and guides is a plus.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity