Head of Controlling
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Head of Controlling
to join our growing team in Dulles, VA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
Direct the financial activities of Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. by establishing and maintaining effective fiscal procedures and controls, analyzing performance and recommending or directing action needed to maximize the financial return of the business. Play a key role in the preparation and analysis of the strategic plan, annual budget, capital plan, monthly operating results, forecasts and profitability analysis to optimize business performance. In addition, works closely with the Accounting Shared Services to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results consistent with generally accepted accounting principles. Reports to the Regional CFO, Americas and works closely with divisional executives.
- Provide expertise, leadership and direction for the controlling function and its staff
- Establish and maintain the company’s controlling standards in accordance with the Group Controlling Guidelines, US GAAP, IFRS and other applicable standards
- Responsible for implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures
- Drive the preparation and analysis of annual budget and forecasts, variance and profitability analysis including creating financial models for forecast, budgets and product costing
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results and profitability analysis for each business line, including order income and backlog.
- Develop and enhance data analytics tools to assist senior management in its business decisions
- Maintain proper inventory valuation to include analyzing and recognizing appropriate obsolescence reserves in accordance with accounting standards and Group guidelines
- Work with external auditors on the annual audit
- Review bids and proposals for profitability and cash flow, and provide post-sale analysis
- Conduct due diligence and integration of new acquisitions into consolidated financials
- Coordinate activities with global divisional controlling and keep them informed of major developments
- Other analysis and special projects as required
- BA/BS in finance, accounting or related field, MBA preferred, CPA/CMA a plus, 10+ years relevant accounting and financial analysis experience
- Experience in financial ERP systems (SAP) preferred
- Working knowledge of basic corporate financial and operational processes, including budgeting and forecasting, accounting close, order-to-cash and procure-to-pay
- Strong business and financial acumen, problem solving and decision making skills
- Extensive knowledge of concepts, theories principles and practices of accounting
- Good analytical skills, detail oriented, well organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight time frames
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity