HR Business Partner
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking an HR Business Partner to join our growing team in Vaughan, ON. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
The HR Business Partner will report to the HR Director – GDCTAI (Dulles, VA) and work collaboratively with business leaders in the Competence Center Toronto, Mobile Security and Currency Technology, and HR shared services (Dulles and Munich) to align HR practices and initiatives with the Company’s strategic and operational goals knowing the differences among the businesses, locations, skill sets, and employee expectations within G+D America.
The individual possesses expertise in Canadian employment law and human resource disciplines including: talent acquisition, strategic alignment, benefit administration, training and development, compensation management and employee relations. They will provide guidance to the leadership team in delivering business and people growth objectives, and promoting a high performance culture.
- Provide senior level, high quality HR consulting to optimize the potential of its human capital and workforce
- Participate in management meetings with business units as appropriate and provide HR-related input to support and add value to the successful execution of their business plans. Identify and address people-related implications/issues of business plans and evolving business needs.
- Identify, develop and implement programs for training and career paths to support future organizational growth and vision.
- Provide insight, recommendations and solutions in all people management topics including:, employee relations, performance improvement, performance review process, hiring, terminations, litigation, talent development, immigration and training
- Maintain accurate accounting of staffing levels in the different business units and provides guidance and support for quality on-time staffing levels
- Provide a shared service to MS by overseeing CDN group benefits (health, RRSP), and disability management plan, design, and administration
- Responsibility for organization compliance with federal and provincial legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures business unit compliance
- Provide input for budgeting purposes – staffing, health care, recruitment etc.
- Provide coaching support to line managers and supervisors to assist all associates and managers in resolving issues
- Contribute to creating solutions for best practice initiatives in such areas as employment, employee communication, career development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and employee recognition
- Partner with Human Resources Director (GDCTAI) to review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters
- Partner with business unit managers in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with Human Resources Director (GDCTAI) to develop solutions, programs and policies to meet the needs of the business
- Manages employee relations issues ensuring effective, thorough and objective investigations are conducted and recommends appropriate corrective action
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provides guidance and input on organizational structure, workforce planning, succession planning and benefits administration
- Manage Health and Safety program, committee, policies and procedures
- Participates on committees and special projects as needed
- Ability to influence and problem solve in the areas of compensation, talent assessment, performance management, talent acquisition and employee relations
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated experience providing consultative guidance to business leaders related to HR policies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Human Resource or Business Administration required
- 5 years’ progressive Human Resource experience in employee relations, talent management, compensation and benefits, performance management, recruiting and training
- Prior HR Generalist experience working in a fast-paced environment is required
- Human Resource Certification preferred
We look forward to receiving your online application at https://www.gi-de.com/en/ca/currency-technology/career/jobs/.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity