Junior Software Developer (Java)
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Junior Software Developer (Java) to join our growing team in Vaughan, ON. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and testing of enterprise-level financial software products. The solution includes, but not limited to, enterprise application developments, smart client application, web application and database application development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand Stakeholder Requirements and overall product architecture.
- Provide effort estimates for assigned components
- Design, implement, unit test assigned components of the product and integrate with components developed by other team members.
- Resolve problems arising during various phases of the development
- Create proof of concepts (PoCs) to validate design assumptions
- Participate in Software Development process improvement activities
- Help drive a culture of professionalism and continuous improvement
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (or Equivalent) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience with Java technologies and frameworks (Spring, JMS, JMX, Servlet, Web Services, Ajax, Wicket and Java Scripts)
- Experience with J2EE Application Servers : JBoss a must and WebSphere a plus
- Design Patterns knowledge, Object oriented analysis, Design and Development skills
- Experience in developing applications using Rule Engine technologies (Drools Flow, iLog) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS (Oracle & SQL Server)
- Experience with ORM technology preferably Hibernate
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills with distributed multi-tier applications
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) including Maven, Junit or TestNG, and SOAP UI.
- Experience with industry standard version control and defect management tools
- Good understanding of software development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and a passion for delivering high quality software required.
- Able to focus on key deliverables in a fast-paced development environment
- A self-starter who can co-ordinate with a team, yet work independently towards a common goal
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/ca/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer