Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Lean Engineer to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Job Summary: Support Lean transformation to reach highest efficiency, helping to drive the change towards a Lean Organization
- Support Local Lean Transformation:
- Assist Lean Manager in establishing Lean Culture (in all areas of the organization)
- Support local Operations Team in Process Transformation according to Lean Principles
- Contribute to kaizen teams to strengthen the culture of continuous improvement
- Assure duplication of Lean concepts established in the pilot phase within the whole plant
- Assist in leading internal Lean Workshops and Training events after the pilot phase
- Support sustainable application of Lean / MSOPSYS at site:
- Sustain the gains of the pilot areas through constant auditing and people’s development
- Support qualification of Local Operations Team in Lean Standards and Methods / Tools of MSOPSYS
- Assure application and alignment of global Standards (MSOPSYS)
- Support Lean Manager in assuring consistency of lean initiatives through a continuous alignment with Global Team
- Assist in monthly calculation and collection of Lean KPIs
- Support other sites in their Lean Transformation if it is requested by the global Lean Team
- Create a climate of success for all, and establish a culture of learning and empowerment that thrives on “learning by doing” and growing from mistakes.
- Ensure that the process supersedes the leader – Assist in creating an environment where leadership changes are non-disruptive to the process.
- Assist in development of the site’s lean organization, lean production and lean logistics
- Support Lean Manger to fulfill the production potential of the company
- Work performed in a light industrial setting.
- Exposure to shop noise.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach and move about facilities.
- Travel, including international.
- 4 Year degree (engineering degree required).
- Minimum 2-4 years in manufacturing.
- Six Sigma quality experience (SSGB preferred) or the ability to quickly become a SSGB
- Knowledge of theory and principles of Lean Manufacturing, Lean Production Methodologies, Six Sigma and Quality Management
- Knowledge of Lean Production at front-line level
- Must possess the ability to understand complex data driven technical processes and security requirements
- Hands-on person for running a bottom-up Lean Approach, shop floor orientated practitioner
- Ability to motivate, a team player, ability to teach and coach people of all levels
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Above average mechanical knowledge of production equipment
- Above average computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Understanding of general safety requirements.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity