Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Legal Counsel to join our growing team in Dulles, VA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Reporting to the Director of Legal Services, the Legal Counsel will work as a member of the Legal Department and play a critical role in the negotiation and closure of company business agreements. Working with business teams, the Legal Counsel leads, plans, evaluates, reviews, drafts, and negotiates a variety of technology and commercial agreements with customers, utilizing independent judgment, knowledge and experience to navigate through challenging issues and mitigate risk.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience structuring complex technology transactions, negotiating commercial contracts, a deep understanding of legal and business risk issues, and a good working knowledge of IP licensing matters, hosting services, software solutions and data privacy law. The successful candidate must be a proven negotiator with relevant experience leading complex commercial and technology transactions. The Legal Counsel must be able to work independently with little or no direction and be forward-looking in issue identification and risk mitigation.
The Legal Counsel must identify, analyze and communicate key risk issues throughout the deal cycle, provide legal advice and develop risk mitigation strategies after input from key stakeholders and business leads. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of relevant previous experience as a business/commercial transactional lawyer (preferably in a technology company or law firm) reviewing, evaluating, negotiating, drafting and advising on a wide variety of technology agreements and commercial contracts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate, review, analyze, interpret, modify & negotiate terms and conditions of various contractual arrangements for both domestic and international business initiated by third parties for protection of the company’s interests, including but not limited to:
- Product sales and maintenance agreements, license agreements, hosted service agreements, product development agreements, partner alliances and other collaboration agreements, NDAs, MOUs, TAs, purchase agreements, OEM and reseller agreements, SaaS agreements, vendor agreements, equipment and software maintenance and service agreements, consulting agreements, and other required and relevant commercial transaction documents, including preparation of amendments to existing contracts.
- Review, negotiate and approve any changes to G+D contract templates made by third parties.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of related business processes and legal templates.
- Interface with global business teams to understand key IP and commercial requirements and ensure that contractual terms comply with management priorities and company legal and business policies and procedures.
- Interface and negotiate directly with customer and vendor attorneys, procurement and contracting personnel.
- Provide general assistance and contracts support to sales and responses to bid opportunities, RFPs and solicitations. Advise business staff on contractual rights and obligations and serve as a resource for interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Experience in export control matters, data privacy and/or compliance is desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 5+ years direct hands-on experience preferred structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of technology transactions to achieve business objectives and experience in counseling on IP matters related to sales of software and hosting services, including experience gained in-house and/or at a law firm. Experience successfully leading/closing customer facing technology transactions required. Experience in export control, privacy law and/ or data protection a plus.
- Active state bar membership, JD Degree.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple transactions and projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Must be a team player. Excellent interpersonal skills; must work well in fast-paced, highly collaborative, team environment with business partners who may or may not be based locally.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient America offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity