Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Logistics Representative to join our growing team in Las Vegas, NV. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
In this position, you will compile and maintain records of quantity, type and value of material, equipment, merchandise, and supplies in stock; conduct in stock material, equipment, merchandise, and supply counts and post totals to inventory records; verify computations against physical count of stock and adjust errors in computation or count, or investigate and report discrepancies; compile information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, and supplies and compute inventory balance, price, and cost; and prepare reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Complete physical receipt of material and machines.
- Process all receiving documentation and ensure all required logs and documents are timely done, complete and correctly done.
- Maintain required receiving logs/files and distribute receiving documentation as required.
- Package material shipments as appropriate and prepare for carrier pickup.
- Select appropriate carriers and complete all required shipping documentation and logs.
- Maintain required shipping logs/files and distribute shipping documentation as required.
- Work closely with all groups involved to coordinate error free system deliveries.
- Receive records and process Emergency and RUSH order requests.
- Monitor and provide feedback to site on E.O./RUSH order activity, expidite fulfillment and escalate problems.
- Schedule, administer,pick and prepare regular weekly site replenishment orders.
- Maintain storage areas in a clean, orderly manner by completing all required “housekeeping” functions.
- Relocate stored material as necessary to maintain efficient spacing orderly stocking of material.
- Provide support and supervision to site locations for parts room set-up and initial parts receipts.
- Provide counting and administrative support as necessary to the Cycle Count and Physical Inventory Processes.
- Complete all inventory related system transaction activitiesand assigned "maintenance" actions for the Service Management System.
- Maintain security control of the stockroom areas.
- Operate forklift and pallet jacks to move various materials throughout the warehouses, shipping and receiving areas.
- Complete system inquiries of computerized database as required.
- Complete supervised, routine shipping and receiving transactions.
- High school diploma plus two years' experience with inventory management, warehousing, shipping/receiving or related field service experience.
- Experience utilizing computerized databases to manage various aspects of inventory process.
- Knowledge of inventory management procedures including the establishment of stocking and reorder points, inventory control, and shipping/receiving procedures.
- Ability to manage many details while maintaining accuracy of work.
- Highly dependableand uses sound judgement when dealing with business information.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make recommendations for continuous quality improvements.
- Flexibility to work long hours as needed.
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity