Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America is seeking a Network Administrator to join our growing team in Dulles, VA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Provide all aspects of local and wide area network support including: install and maintain hardware and software, troubleshoot network problems, provide end user support, perform system backups and data recovery, monitor and optimize system software, peripherals, and networks, and provide help desk support. Assure system reliability, data security, and disaster recovery. Work as a contributor towards network initiatives to include: overall performance, monitoring, troubleshooting, installation, and configuration of Cisco & Juniper network and firewall hardware.
Recommend new applications and equipment, patches, and upgrades. Develop and maintain all switches and router configurations. Set up, configure, and troubleshoot internal/external networks, systems, and services. Troubleshoot network and system performance issues and respond to escalated system alerts and failures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide helpdesk support to ensure resolution to end-user issues and complaints
- Maintain strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Act as a point of contact for the help desk phone line
- Resolve questions or dispatch calls for later resolution
- Research answers to questions
- Provide status to customers
- Maintain call records and prepare reports
- Install and maintain PCs, servers, switches, and other equipment
- Perform system backups and data recovery
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, monitor, and maintain network equipment in HQ and multiple subsidiaries
- Create and maintain network documentation and network diagrams
- Plan, manage, document, and perform installations and upgrades on network hardware
- Work with information security group to ensure vulnerabilities are addressed in a timely fashion
- Work with other technical staff to conceive, design, implement, and document new environments as directed by management
- Interface with corporate technical staff on complex configurations
- Perform all other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Four year degree in Computer Science or related field and two years of related experience or a combination of education and experience. Two years experience with operating systems and PC LAN environments including Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2016. Two years of experience supporting PC based applications and working in a help desk environment. One to two years of experience with Cisco 29xx/38xx & Juniper SRX series hardware. Significant experience interfacing with end users. CCNA, CCENT certifications are a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
Good understanding of required administrator tasks for above noted environments. Able to do basic configuration of servers. Demonstrated understanding of the OSI model, with a focus on layers 1-3. Must have knowledge of basic Cisco networking as demonstrated in Cisco courses ICND & ICND2. Must have knowledge of basic firewalling concepts, particularly in a Juniper SRX environment. Must be organized, self-motivated, and self-disciplined. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity