Planning and Inventory Control Specialist
As a leader in securing credentials, Giesecke+Devrient is seeking a Planning and Inventory Control Specialist to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Creates the master production schedule for the Service Bureau prior to the daily 6:30AM meeting and updates as needed. Assigns Job Orders to the appropriate work centers based on customer requirements and equipment capability. Follows up on at risk orders within MRP/ERP system (Syteline), establishes priorities for specific customer orders, and revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability of parts, material, machines, and equipment. Schedules each operation daily and assigns to the appropriate work centers. Requisitions the G+D owned consumable materials needed for the operation of the Service Bureau. Monitors the inventory of Customer Owned materials critical to the Service Bureau, and coordinates with Customer Relationship Management Representative for replenishment orders. Controls reorder points, coordinates physical inventories and material changes for consumables. Responsible for entering manual material transactions and adjustments for Perso jobs daily. Confers with production personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules. Compiles reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and schedule attainment problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates and manages the master production schedule.
- Oversees the scheduling of Job Orders through each operation of the Service Bureau
- Monitors throughput of orders to ensure successful on-time delivery.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine progress of work
- Works closely with Service Bureau Management and Purchasing to ensure necessary materials are available
- Compile and analyze various reports with MRP, and recommend corrective actions.
- Post various transactions with the MRP system including but not limited to material stock issues, Job material transactions, labor posting, job receipts.
- Evaluates written data, such as job orders, personalization requirements, parts and materials inventory lists, and production rates, to establish proper routing.
- Schedule job operations from Vault through Perso, Fulfillment, and Shipping.
- Analyze capacity and efficiency of each production process/work center. Uses this knowledge for scheduling that maximizes capacity and continually improve efficiency.
- Escalate to Service Bureau Manager and Supervisors when overtime may be needed to meet service level agreements.
- Escalate when Service Levels are at risk for any Job Order
- Responsible for providing key data and assisting in the compilation of monthly Operations reports. Create, analyze and manage results for Service Bureau KPI’s reporting.
- Compiles reports concerning progress of work and downtime due to failures of machines and equipment
- Estimate materials requirements based on sales forecast and order consumables accordingly
- Coordinate recurring physical inventories of all consumable materials and collaterals.
- Understand inventory and database systems (Syteline)
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- Associate Degree required, BS. Degree in Business or related Manufacturing/Logistics preferred
- At least 5 years of experience planning manufacturing activities
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- High level of analytical skills and proven ability to create and generate detailed analysis of plant operations
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate with multiple levels of management and staff throughout the organization.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products and MRP/ERP systems.
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Effective analytical ability with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain management.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity