Product Development Engineer
As a leader in securing credentials, Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Product Development Engineer to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization in the growing mobile security market with a strong global presence and excellent reputation.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Job Summary: The R&D Engineer / Product-Materials Developer will research, develop, design, evaluate, release and improve processes, materials or products. Apply the principles and practices of chemical, process, polymer/plastic, mechanical and other scientific and engineering disciplines. The R&D engineer will lead projects, develop teams and manage the project against time and budget. The business focus will include the costing of materials, evaluating pricing models, communication with marketing and sales, and preparing product comparisons.
- Develop and design new products and materials for our global product portfolio
- Create cost models, product/process cost evaluations, business impact determinations
- Work with Sales and Marketing and other business stakeholders to create and design new products
- Lead technical discussions with material suppliers and other company disciplines regarding technical requirements
- Design and execute tests in laboratory and production environments
- Implement new products in one of our international production sites and create appropriate release documentation
- Perform process, defect and product analysis and provide corrective actions
- Adheres to ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 standards and operates within PCI standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to R&D MS Applications and Special Project Manager
- Responsible for product Amendments, testing, qualifications, and documentation. Integrates products into the manufacturing system.
- Documentation / product / process / element / specification confirmation
- Works on processes and equipment improvements including documentation (specifications)
- Interfaces with local quality assurance and responsible for problem solving (material & process) in the daily work
- Propose the right corrective actions and guarantee fulfilment
- Quality of finished work in the department
- Compliance with and attainment of departmental goals
- Safety & Environmental Compliance
- Workforce training and development
- General maintenance and performance of the department
- Work performed in an office environment with exposure to light industrial setting
- Exposure to shop noise
- Required to lift up to 25 lbs
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach and move about facilities for 8-10 hours a day
- Physically able to bend, lift, and stand over long periods of time
- Flexibility on schedule (must be able to work overtime and on weekends on an as needed basis)
- Adhering to MasterCard and Visa association standards
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemical, Physics, Mechanical, Process, Electrical engineering or other technical discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and or Marketing preferred
- Documented project management experience, certification preferred
- Prior experience working with a team on attainment of goals
- Understanding of quality processes and procedures
- Willingness to work for an international company in an integrated team with occasional international travel required
- Above average computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Understanding of general safety requirements
- Strong analytical skills and experienced technical writing skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are required
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity