Production IT Systems Engineer II
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Production IT Systems Engineer II to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
The Production IT Systems Engineer II ensures all necessary software components and production hardware are seamlessly integrated and functioning properly to support data-driven operational production systems. This position requires the ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technology issues, configure and maintain production-related computer equipment, and support a variety of industry-standard tools and proprietary software systems. Excellent customer-service focus is required, with prompt resolution of reported production-down notices, including some after-hours situations. Strong collaboration with other departments is necessary to ensure production uptime of systems and avoid negative impact to product quality and cycle times. The Production IT Systems Engineer II participates in security audits, prepares necessary documents for compliance purposes, and strives to improve processes by using best practices. This position includes an on-call rotation, and the ability to work within a flexible shift environment is necessary.
- Ability to create new technical solutions, improve existing designs, modify and test production-related software tools, and provide bug-fix support for operational equipment and production systems.
- Maintains a strong customer-focus in providing services, at times conferring with vendors, partners, and clients.
- Capable of comprehending, analyzing, and troubleshooting highly complex systems and production processes.
- Evaluates, implements, and maintains production systems by studying requirements (design, assembly, tooling, and materials), conducting independent research, and soliciting operator feedback to ensure fitness for use.
- Maintains high-level awareness of security requirements and adheres to compliance practices and methods.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance, capacity planning, and upgrades; follows vendor instructions and established procedures, and requests supporting services when necessary.
- Conducts production equipment backups, resolves security vulnerabilities, and supports monthly patching cycle.
- Prepares product and system reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and data trends.
- Using EMV knowledge, assists with site qualifications of new chip releases, and product onboarding upgrades.
- Provides customer service, including effective support for internal users, and guidance for external stakeholders.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Adheres to company policies, follows department procedures and standard practices, and respects guidelines governing privacy, physical security, and information security.
- Consistently demonstrates timely assignment delivery in meeting deadlines, some with competing priorities.
- Self-starter with ability to balance a sense of urgency against measured thinking and attention to detail.
- Displays excellent work habits, including collaborative attitude, punctual attendance, and appropriate dress.
- Work performed in a light industrial setting; exposure to shop floor noise, and occasionally may lift up to 40 lbs.
- Willingness to occasionally work beyond regular office hours when needed; limited travel may be required.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach and move safely around the facilities.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Broad multi-platform technical skills including MS-Windows, LINUX, SQL Server, and Oracle environments.
- Prior experience installing, implementing, and maintaining hardware components including processors, circuit boards, routers, memory, storage devices, databases, and networking.
- Prior data center/systems administration experience with ability to deploy, maintain, tune, and monitor system performance (prior Nagios experience preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, TCP/IP, and connectivity such as SFTP, VPN, and IBM Connect:Direct, with ability to diagnose and resolve issues across communication protocols, networks, and operating systems.
- Ability to implement and administer SQL Server, as well as manage production hardware, processors, circuit boards, routers, memory, storage devices, databases, etc.
- Experience providing Level-3 support for complex automated equipment, including physical and virtual servers.
- Experience working with physical and virtual servers, and with complex automated production equipment.
- Prior experience working within highly-regulated industries; good knowledge of information security practices, EMV integrated circuits, and encryption is highly preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and effectively manage a variety of assignments, some with competing deadlines.
- Logical ability to analyze, deduce root cause, and troubleshoot technical challenges within complex data-driven configurations to resolve problems.
- Must be willing to document designs, and able to present technical information in a non-technical manner.
- Prefer working knowledge and use of standard IT processes and best practices, such as GAMP-5, CMMI, or ITIL.
- Knowledge of source code version control and defect tracking techniques, such as GIT & Jira is preferred.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or a related degree, plus 3 years of experience; or an Associate Degree with 5+ years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in a similar systems engineering, or level-3 production support role.
- Preferred certifications include CompTIA A+, Microsoft technologies, Cisco, Oracle, etc.
- High level of computer competency in Microsoft Office Products (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio)
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems, integrated circuits/EMV, and secure banking or payment card industry.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity