Production IT Systems Programmer Analyst II
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Production IT Systems Programmer Analyst II to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
The IT Systems Programmer Analyst II is responsible for resolving production-related system issues and data gaps, and assisting with day-to-day order processing. This includes preparing data for new order configurations and features, monitoring order progress, investigating and minimizing problems, defining and implementing effective solutions, documenting and applying changes, and producing reports, metrics and dashboards utilized by production and personalization processes. S/he will have a results-driven, team player attitude, along with strong business acumen, good interpersonal skills, and robust logic skills to assess root cause, recommend appropriate solutions, and implement changes. Provides technical expertise regarding data management concepts, ERP supply chain methods, and ad-hoc reporting tools. Ability to write efficient MS-SQL database queries and create efficient reports is required.
The Production IT Systems Programmer Analyst II position is responsible for the administration, monitoring, configuration, and interfacing of production software components used within a card personalization and fulfillment environment. Production systems process client input data and generate the necessary data, files, and reports for applicable departments. This position requires prior data transformation or systems programming experience, and good analytical skills to successfully plan, develop, test, implement, administer and support production systems in a fast paced, and highly secure environment. This role supports large-scale projects as well as minor change requests. Key activities include workflow development and technical customization, data format generation, and solution design to meet client requirements. Responsibilities also include creating software component use-case tests and project documentation, conducting tests and peer reviews, evaluating test results, and taking corrective actions to ensure appropriate functionality exists.
- Implement new client solutions, and provide support of client software configurations for data generation, production control, print management, integrated shipping services, and online portal solutions.
- Administer IT activities associated with daily production files for successful receipt, processing, and reporting.
- Utilize data transformation principles and file format manipulation involving Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) tools.
- Problem solving expertise with ability to accurately trouble-shoot issues, define root-cause, and resolve defects.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system issues; ensure security and confidentiality of data in the entire process.
- Self-starter with ability to balance a sense of urgency against measured thinking and attention to detail.
- Displays reliable work habits, including collaborative attitude, punctual attendance, and appropriate dress.
- Adheres to company policies, follows department procedures and standard practices, and respects guidelines governing privacy, physical security, and information security.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times; team player with good communication skills, and ability to effectively explain issues, identify options and recommend solutions.
- Manages competing priorities across multiple projects to timely deliver and meet schedules.
- Willingness to occasionally work beyond regular office hours when needed; limited travel may be required.
- Work performed in a light industrial setting; exposure to shop floor noise, and occasionally may lift up to 40 lbs.
- Passport and ability to travel to another country may be may be required occasionally.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach and move safely around the facilities.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of prior work experience developing, implementing, and maintaining software programs using C++/C#, XML, Python, and Web services
- 3+ years of prior RDBMS development experience using MS-SQL; experience with ETL tools or Oracle is a plus
- Ability to write effective and efficient SQL stored procedures, functions, and queries is required
- Understanding of network connectivity concepts, and data transformation ETL techniques
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages and methods is required (C++/C# preferred)
- Understanding of scripts and batch processing using tools such as Python
- Knowledge of communication protocols, file transmission formats, and data communications is required
- Knowledge with standard IT SDLC processes and best practices, such as GAMP-5, CMMI, or ITIL
- Experienced with code reuse, source code version control, and defect tracking techniques, GIT & Jira preferred
- Working knowledge of manufacturing/supply chain processes (production and material movement, including BOMs, routings and travelers, quality, shipping logistics, and warehouse management) is preferred
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering or a related degree, plus 3 years of experience; or an Associate Degree with 5+ years of experience in a similar role is required
- Ability to analyze, understand, and troubleshoot highly complex data-driven systems is required
- High level of computer competency in Microsoft Office Products (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio)
- Knowledge of payment card industry (PCI) requirements, and EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) is an asset
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity