Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Production Planner/Scheduler to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Responsible for the Master Production Schedule for a manufacturing production environment consisting of multiple production lines in a 7/24 environment ensuring that the Plan is delivered balancing production/planning parameters, service, safety, inventory and costs. The role reports to the Supply Chain Manager. Interacts regularly with Sales, Customer Service Production Supervisors, Leads, Machine operators, Engineers and Quality processionals.
- Strong commitment towards teamwork and to achieve business requirements.
- Produces and updates a detailed production schedule and plan using ERP and other data systems to ensure plan is up-to-date and optimized to maximize availability of finished goods for customers and minimize machine downtime. Initiates production orders accordingly.
- Monitors forecast, customer orders for unexpected changes and revises plans as required. Utilizes backlog, WIP reports and ERP /MES systems to determine material requirements and priorities.
- Revises production schedules when required due to customer demand, labor or material shortages, back logs or other interruptions collaborating with applicable stakeholders and Management.
- Works closely with Regional Production Planning to support Load balancing as required.
- Manage safety stock levels in accordance with Business and Customer requirements.
- Audit and maintain the capacities of each work center with input from the Production Managers.
- Responsible for working with Quality on vendor related issues or any discrepancies that arise from the supply chain.
- Participates in the annual inventory count.
- Coordinate external processing of materials for third party services.
- Provide support for annual inventory stock take.
- Participates in lean activities / suggestions for improvement to the production process e.g. kaizen suggestions, 5 Why investigation problem solving analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Business preferred.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing job shop environment, with demonstrated ability in ERP/ MES systems.
- Experience with automated planning, inventory control, raw materials purchasing, and MRP systems.
- Experience with Quality Assurance and Control policies and has the ability to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- The ability to work on complex problems containing multiple variables with solutions that are not always known at the time of assignment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office; Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proven ability to evaluate data inputs and ongoing analysis.
- The use of discretionary judgement and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage a network of interconnected businesses and processes involved in the provision of products and services.
- Strong understanding of all management activities carried out in the course of running an organization and the disciplines of planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific goals and objectives.
- Accurately identifies risks affecting the supply, transformation and delivery of products and services to meet customer demand. Develops strategies to analyze the probability and control the impact of the identified risks.
- Practices goal oriented thinking. The process involves the ability to map alternate courses of action, identify associated critical success factors, assess the likely outcomes and consequences of the actions, and chose the best course.
- Capacity to think in careful and discerning ways to solve problems, analyze data and to recall and apply information.
- Understands the systematic approach to closing process and system performance gaps through streamlining, cycle reduction, elimination of quality defects, and reduction of process variation / non value adding activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation of a team and understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance.
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and professionalism when dealing with clients, peers and team members.
- Understands and anticipates the business needs and concerns of others and shows perspective in other points of view.
- Ability in identifying and managing conflict in a sensible, fair and efficient manner.
- Takes steps to develop and maintain knowledge, skills and expertise to achieve positive results.
- Practices meaningful two way communication and persuasively presents thoughts and ideas, in both written and verbal form, gaining commitment and ensuring support.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity about the current environment and challenges the status quo with a bias towards action and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates the willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity