Production Supervisor – Service Bureau
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Production Supervisor – Service Bureau to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Position Hours: Monday-Friday 2:00pm-11:00pm with some overtime required.
Job Summary: Works under the direction of the Sr. Manager Service Bureau to ensure the Service Bureau area which consist of the Vault, Tapping, Personalization and Fulfillment areas achieves IPI.
- Ensure on time shipment of all Personalization and Fulfillment orders.
- Perform job closing tasks, audit Open Perso Orders report to ensure all orders are closed properly.
- Communicate the department goals and provide updates to team members daily via shift huddle.
- Communicate on the behalf of management as requested by site leaders.
- Manage all 2nd shift Service Bureau personnel, and 3rd shift personnel as assigned.
- Ensure documented procedures and work instructions are adhered to by all personnel.
- Audit logs, forms, and Job Orders to ensure sign-offs and quality checks are properly performed.
- Recommend corrective actions where gaps exist, and draft updated procedures.
- Maintain training matrix, and train staff to the established procedures.
- Issue corrective actions to personnel when procedures are not followed.
- Submit award nominations for employees who go above and beyond in their work.
- Promote the use of the employee suggestion program to support continuous improvement.
- Promote 5S and Lean methodologies.
- Compile daily production and quality reports.
- Work along with Quality Control Department to set and maintain quality guidelines.
- Adheres to ISO 9001, 14001, and 27001 standards.
- Operate within the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.
- Ensure staff coverage will meet production schedules.
- Ensure that the production equipment and areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify corrective actions and process improvements.
- Report to management on quality issues and enter Incident Reports as needed.
- Escalate to management any service level risks.
- Interface with internal QM and supplier concerning problems with quality control and assure effective corrective actions are implemented.
- Develop and implement cross-training schedule to ensure team has the depth needed to maintain high service level.
- Achieve departmental KPI’s
- Reduce Incident Reports
- Maintain low scrap levels
- Achieve Service Level goals
- Safety & Environmental Compliance
- Workforce training and development
- General maintenance and performance of the department
- Achieve personal development
- Work performed in a light industrial setting
- Exposure to shop noise
- Required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand, reach and move about facilities for 8-10 hours a day
- Physically able to bend, lift, and stand over long periods of time
- 2:00PM-11:00PM will be standard shift time
- Flexibility on schedule (must be able to work overtime and on weekends on an as-needed basis)
- Adhere to PCI requirements
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three (3) years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing/production setting
- Experience in a personalization and fulfillment environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Above average mechanical knowledge of production equipment
- Above average computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Understanding of general safety requirements
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience preferred
- Logical thought process in problem solving
- Strong people and leadership skills
- Organizational skills a must, coordination skills a must
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity