Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Production Supervisor to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Job Summary: Works under the direction of the Production Manager to direct, oversee and inspect with authority the card finishing production area.
- Organize and communicate to the card finishing production area the details of the Production schedule and daily shipment schedule.
- Manage, train and develop all card finishing personnel.
- Compiles daily production and quality reports.
- Works along with Quality Control Department to maintain and set quality guidelines throughout the card finishing departments.
- Adheres to ISO 9001, 14001, and 27001 standard and operates within the Payment Card Industry (PCI) security card standards.
- Ensure staff coverage to meet production schedules.
- Ensure that the production equipment and areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Establish, implement and report metrics for the performance of the department and staff.
- Ensure departmental KPI’s are within company and corporate expectations.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify corrective actions and process improvements.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Interface with internal QM and supplier concerning problems with quality control and assure effective corrective actions are implemented.
- Reports to Production Manager. Verify audits, coordinate with production on all shipments, and account for all paperwork and accuracy of paper work as necessary.
- Quality of finished goods.
- Meeting production and shipping schedule.
- Compliance with and attainment of departmental KPI’s.
- Maintaining and achieving scrap reduction goals.
- Safety & Environmental Compliance
- Workforce training and development
- General maintenance and performance of the department.
- Work performed in a light industrial setting.
- Exposure to shop noise.
- Required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand, reach and move about facilities for 8-12 hours a day
- Physically able to bend, lift, and stand over long periods of time
- Flexibility on schedule (must be able to work overtime and on weekends on an as needed basis).
- Adhering to MasterCard and Visa association standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management required
- At least three (3) years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing/production setting
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Above average mechanical knowledge of production equipment.
- Above average computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Understanding of general safety requirements.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience preferred.
- Logical thought process in problem solving
- Strong people and leadership skills
- Organizational skills a must, coordination skills a must
- Knowledge and high aptitude in all areas of card body production and an understanding of print production, including production audit
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity