Quality Assurance Engineer
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
- Understand and follow all the required procedures and work instructions as required by ISO per the Giesecke & Devrient America, Twinsburg Quality System Manual.
- Report compliance for all the required procedures and work instructions as required by ISO per the Giesecke & Devrient America, Twinsburg System Manual.
- Manage the Gage Calibration Program, perform calibrations as necessary
- Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing of products
- Serve as the primary Quality Assurance resource to department supervisor(s) and manager(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement
- Support engineering efforts by participating in product development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvements, testing and inspections
- Develop/Revise internal quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology and quality plans, documents
- Assist in product/process qualification
- Serve as QA Rep, when necessary, to Triage Team to review customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests. In addition, ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans
- Develop, execute and analyze quality reporting measures.
- Provide reports on quality issues, trends and losses to Quality Manager.
- Review supplier purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements, when necessary
- Review Job Packets for accuracy and implemented process/product changes
- Participate in internal quality audits
- Interface with supplier quality representatives regarding quality non-conformances and ensure effective corrective actions is implemented, when necessary
- Serve as Quality Assurance representative to Material Review Team
- May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
- Train QA staff and production operators, as necessary
- Must maintain a safe and suitable environment through proper housekeeping in the area where your work is performed.
- Supervise QA Technicians
- Work on projects and other duties as assigned
- Work performed in a light industrial setting.
- Exposure to shop noise.
- Required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach and move about facilities.
- Excellent color discrimination
- Some Travel may be required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in quality, mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering preferred.
Minimum 3 years experience in addition to Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 7 years quality assurance/quality
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
- Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques, and documentation
- Knowledge of and experience with the following ISO 9001, CQM, 8D, AQP including FMEA, CP and PF
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, Microsoft Office, and database development
- Understanding of general safety requirements.
We welcome your application and look forward to the possibility of you joining us!
+1 703 480 2300
Giesecke & Devrient Mobile America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke & Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity