Senior Manager, Engineering (Manufacturing)
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Senior Manager, Engineering (Manufacturing) to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Job Summary: The Manager, Engineering manages all engineering activities within a department including design, development, production and testing. Implements and maintains overall engineering objectives and initiatives. Confronts and solves performance/operational issues to improve development efficiency. Leads and develops the engineering team. Oversees a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget. Requires a bachelor's degree of engineering.
- Apply working knowledge of existing product to improve production methods and help the company meet budgetary goals and performance quotas
- Apply working knowledge of new product to implement production methods and equipment in order to deliver to the customer requirements
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting test programs; applying knowledge of product design, materials, assembly, and equipment; consulting with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators and other stakeholders
- Provides decision-making information to management by helping to calculate production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production and new product schedules; estimating future production equipment and tool requirements.
- Hire, lead and manage a team of manufacturing engineers
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, materials, equipment by determining key variables to measured and controlled, communicating and training team members and evaluating results until process meets targets consistently.
- Responsible for product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Creates specifications and executes test plans for equipment purchases and works with the supplier to ensure the system meets these specifications.
- Works with Production, Quality, and R&D teams to ensure new products and equipment are delivered on time and meets customer requirements
- Helps to provide process documentation, operating instructions, and overall hand-off actions to key stakeholders for new or revised process, or production new equipment
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Work performed in a light industrial setting
- Required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk about the facility
- Ability to distinguish color variations
- Able to use various measuring devices
- Must be able to work assigned overtime as needed
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Highly motivated to learn and understand manufacturing methods and workflows
- BS degree in Engineering discipline
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- 3+ years managing and leading a team
- 3+ years in manufacturing/ process, or quality engineering
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma required
- Experience with CAD programs a plus
- Experience with statistical programs a plus
- Ability to read and understand Blueprints or Technical Drawings, ISO and Industry associated standards and test instructions
- Self-confident, detail oriented, and able to work at times with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity