Senior Manager, Manufacturing
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Senior Manager, Manufacturing to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
As a Senior member of the Management Team, the incumbent will be responsible for leading the cardbody manufacturing departments including prepress, printing, and card finishing. The mandate is to develop and drive a flexible best in-class manufacturing environment producing a high quality product at a competitive price with 100% on time delivery. Through best practice sharing, collaboration and application of Lean principles, the Sr. Manager Manufacturing will apply their expertise to direct and guide team members toward operational excellence throughout the manufacturing environment .
- Leads, Manages and Coordinates all day to day activities and resources in the Card Manufacturing Production processes and production output in accordance with Industry and Company standards.
- Ensures the Production Schedule is achieved and accurately identifies risks affecting the supply, transformation and delivery of products and services to meet customer demand. Develops strategies to analyze the probability and control the impact of the identified risks.
- Drive and champion new technologies, collaborations, and improved processes to define, leverage, and implement best production practices including leading continuous improvements in cost reduction, production time, and pipeline capacity using methodologies such as Lean Manufacturing principles and detailed analysis of daily/ monthly performance data and root-cause analysis of non-compliance reports (NCR’s) .
- Ensures Departments KPIs are being achieved e.g. Target scrap rates, utilization, productivity, on time delivery
- Active member of the Senior Management Team promoting regular communication exchange with colleagues at all levels of the organization to support the Sales and Operational planning processes.
- Interfaces with internal QM and Supply Chain stakeholders concerning topics / issues involving Bill of Materials and equipment.
- Develops, coaches and motivates the Team through technical printing expertise, best practice sharing, skills matrix development and annual staff performance reviews.
- Acts as Technical Print expert / support in Projects and Customer interactions.
- Maintains Industry knowledge on new products (materials), technical print solutions and production processes to improve quality, yields and reduce costs.
- Ensures all manufacturing equipment is maintained and operating at optimal performance.
- Develops and maintains budget and capital expenditures relating to cardbody manufacturing.
- Complies with Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to Upper Management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Deliver High quality of finished goods.
- Meeting production and shipping schedule.
- Compliance with Departmental, Quality and Process guidelines
- Attainment of departmental KPI’s.
- Maintaining and achieving scrap reduction goals.
- Safety & Environmental Compliance
- Workforce training and development
- General management and performance of the department.
- Work performed in a light industrial setting.
- Exposure to shop noise.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach and move about facilities.
- Travel, including international.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering Discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in a commercial printing environment.
- Strong knowledge of color management, offset/silk screen/digital printing, ink properties, color matching experience.
- Working knowledge of prepress and workflow software, e.g. Adobe Premium, Macintosh, color management software.
- Competent in all aspects of digital film / computer to plate output for the printing process including trapping, film proofing, image setter and processor maintenance, and plate making.
- Experience in card manufacturing plant a plus.
- Practical knowledge of theory and principles of lean manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills .
- Above average mechanical knowledge of production equipment.
- Proficient in manufacturing scheduling.
- Above average computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and ERP systems
- Understanding of general safety requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage a network of interconnected businesses and processes involved in the provision of products and services.
- Strong understanding of all management activities carried out in the course of running an organization and the disciplines of planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific goals and objectives.
- Practices goal oriented thinking. The process involves the ability to map alternate courses of action,identifyassociated critical success factors, assess the likely outcomes andconsequences of the actions, andchose the best course.
- Capacity to think in careful and discerning ways to solve problems, analyze data and to recall and apply information.
- Understands the systematic approach to closing process and system performance gaps through streamlining, cycle reduction, elimination of quality defects, and reduction of process variation / non value adding activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation of a team and understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance.
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and professionalism when dealing with clients, peers and team members.
- Understands and anticipates the business needs and concerns of others and shows perspective in other points of view.
- Ability in identifying and managing conflict in a sensible, fair and efficient manner.
- Takes steps to develop and maintain knowledge, skills and expertise to achieve positive results.
- Practices meaningful two way communication and persuasively presents thoughts and ideas, in both written and verbal form, gaining commitment and ensuring support.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity about the current environment and challenges the status quo with a bias towards action and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates the willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity