Senior Manager - Service Operations
As a Service Operations Senior Manager, you will be responsible for end to end operational aspects of the company’s maintenance activities including the management of both human and material resources, planning of activities, and ensuring delivery of the company’s maintenance commitments to the full satisfaction of its customers.
Scope and Purpose:
As a Service Operations Senior Manager, you will be responsible for end to end operational aspects of the company’s maintenance activities including the management of both human and material resources, planning of activities, and ensuring delivery of the company’s maintenance commitments to the full satisfaction of its customers. You will required to continuously improve operations for cost effectiveness and efficiency while leading a workforce that is sufficiently motivated and cultivated for professional growth. Along with the rest of the service management team, this position will be required to promote a one team culture focused on achieving the company’s overall goals.
Key Result Areas & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, organize, and manage a fit-to-purpose maintenance team from entry level to mid-management positions include writing job descriptions, interviewing, selection, hiring and salary negotiation. Coach, develop, retain, review and recommend corrective action for employees.
- Establish and define a strategy for optimal service operational structure to maximize performance and professional growth
- Ensure adequate planning and maintenance of parts inventory level commiserate to warranty and contract maintenance requirements
- Assume ownership for achieving defined customer performance metrics and ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a 360 view of customer entitlements, service operational activities, key cost drivers, and opportunities. Use the insight to improve operational efficiently and maximize customer satisfaction, and farm for sales prospects.
- Working with the rest of the service team, define best methodology to achieve effective cross-functional communication and operational level agreements
- Ensure Product and Services support functions are performing well enough to help the field service organization deliver the best quality service to the customer
- Responsible for the balancing of workforce verses resource demand, prepare annual headcount projections, and continues fine tuning of those projections to maximize utilization and reduce unnecessary overhead to the company.
Bachelor’s Degree in Management or 8 years of related experience is required, MBA preferred. Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable. Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
A minimum of 8 years management experience, out of which 5 years in full management of a service organization preferably in a technical field, with a minimum of 3 years prior experience in Field Service.
- Must possess a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Good leadership and communications skills.
- Confident personality with ability to make tough decisions.
- Possess proven people management skills including promoting teamwork, providing on-going training, performance management, responding to employee issues and resolving conflicts.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface comfortably with all levels in the organization including executive management.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills diplomacy, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to think logically and apply practical solutions.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual who assumes task ownership.
- Travel up to 50 percent, including overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies
Apply To: firstname.lastname@example.org