Service Program Manager
As a Service Program Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery, administration, and management of large Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMC) that are considered Service Programs. You will be responsible for the complete AMC delivery cycle from costing and pricing to satisfactory delivery and renewal.
Scope and Purpose:
As a Service Program Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery, administration, and management of large Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMC) that are considered Service Programs. You will be responsible for the complete AMC delivery cycle from costing and pricing to satisfactory delivery and renewal. The role requires effective co-ordination and inter-dependencies management of cross-company cross-functional teams. The employee works within general methods of program management and exercises considerable independent judgment to adapt company processes to specific situations. He/she is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the entire maintenance contract delivery.
Key Result Areas & Responsibilities:
- Lead post award activities both internally and externally to establish the program properly enduring proper execution.
- Establish and define a vision of how AMC will progress through completion and convey this same vision to peers and also to the delivery team.
- Assume ownership for achieving defined customer performance metrics and ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
- Actively seek out potential obstacles and risks to progress; take actions or create short term plans to remove or mitigate the effects of such barriers.
- Lead recruitment activities of delivery staff to include interviewing, selection, hiring and salary negotiation. Coach, develop, retain, review and recommend corrective action for employees.
- Maintain a 360 view of the AMC including financial performance, key cost drivers, and opportunities. Use the insight to drive better profitability, maximize customer satisfaction, and farm for sales prospects.
- Design measurement metrics and communicate widely, in writing and verbally, key information and management reports on the performance, direction, and scope of the program.
- Interpret a variety of contract documents including partnership agreements, Statements of Work (SOW), and other subcontracts and clarify details for staff as required. Audit quotes for accuracy once created and approved by subordinates.
- Lead the investigation of complaints from customers and ensure full resolution as evidenced by customer’s fully satisfaction.
- Use insight from the program to put together a winning proposal with proper costing, scope definition, and pricing to further the renewal and continuance of a profitable AMC.
Bachelor’s Degree, PMP certification or 5 years of related experience is required. Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable. Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
A minimum of 8 years management experience, preferably in a technical field, with a minimum of 3 years prior experience in Field Service.
• Must possess a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
• Good leadership and project management skills.
• Possess proven people management skills including promoting teamwork, providing on-going training, performance management, responding to employee issues and resolving conflicts.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface comfortably with all levels in the organization including executive management.
• Requires excellent written and oral communication skills diplomacy, and negotiation skills.
• Strong project and time management skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently and within established timeframes.
• Ability to plan, organize, and assist in the management of one or more programs.
• Ability to think logically and apply practical solutions.
• Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual who assumes task ownership.
• Travel up to 50 percent, including overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
• Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies
Apply To: firstname.lastname@example.org