Software Technical Sales Director, North America
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Software Technical Sales Director, North America to join our growing team in Dulles, VA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
Responsible for customer prospecting, acquisition and relationship management as well technical sales support across the G+D software solutions portfolio for central bank and commercial market segments in North America. Requires direct interaction and coordination with customers, partners and internal staff – especially with account executives, the software team and customer project teams.
- Create, develop and manage business opportunities with potential and existing customers
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s business needs and future requirements; establish account presence and build trust with key contacts in the customer organization - all aligned with the account executive where applicable
- Prepare technical specifications for RFP / RFQ / Customer Tenders as well as scope software projects including ongoing customization
- Perform high level functional requirement analysis / design engineering with the customer and ensure that in the course of the product sales and implementation cycle all software related specifications (functional, design and user acceptance specifications) are mutually agreed, in place, and executed
- Develop and present pricing proposals, negotiate and close software projects with customers in conformity with internal cost and pricing guidelines ensuring alignment with involved stakeholders
- Provide required customer support including scheduling and participation in project reviews to ensure that project targets (functionality, quality, delivery schedule, project budget, profitability) meet customer and internal expectations
- Assist account executives to resolve customer escalations
- Manage Customer Project Managers responsible for delivering complex software integrations and upgrades
- Assist with the supervision and control of software change requests in the course of the project life cycle
- Achieve yearly technical sales targets and forecast goals as defined by objectives
- Support the development of product roadmaps, services and solution offerings in alignment with the Global Product Strategy
- Support and train the regional sales, service and project management teams on positioning G+D software portfolio more effectively; provide support to sales team in tracking leads, conducting sales presentations, software demonstrations and maintaining account relationships
- Maintain an accurate CRM database for accounts
- Provide direction to the Marketing department for the develop of software related marketing programs
- Monitor and report competitor activities, products and services; analyze potential partners and sub-suppliers; collaborate with product management to develop and execute marketing / sales programs
- Travel extensively within sales area to build up and maintain customer relationships
- Attend regular global sales meetings and training initiatives
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be added or changed – flexible mindset is critical
- 5+ years professional experience in the software and banking industry in customer-facing roles (e.g. in sales, business development or product management)
- Advanced technical or business related degree with strong IT background (Operating systems, Databases, Networks, Server HW)
- Prefer experience in cash logistics / cash management on the supplier and/or customer side (e.g. cash centers, banknote processing and logistics)
- Prefer international experience with a proven ability to communicate and work effectively in a multicultural and international environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times
- Generates enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit in support of company objectives
- Utilizes sound judgment in dealing with business information
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Flexibility to work long hours as necessary
- Ability to handle high pressure in a professional manner
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity