Systems Administrator II
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Systems Administrator II to join our growing team in Dulles, VA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Delivers technical services and support assistance across all aspects of the company. Primary areas of responsibility include user access provisioning, client server hardware and software administration, local and wide area network support, printers, telco, audio visual equipment, and infrastructure support. Activities involve hardware and software installation and maintenance, performing system backups and data recovery, responding to Help Desk requests and troubleshooting issues, problem resolution and end user support, monitoring and optimizing system software, peripherals, and networks. Assures day-to-day continuity of IT services, including system reliability, data security, and disaster recovery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides IT system administration services:
- Installs and maintains technology assets including PCs, printers, and other network equipment
- Installs and supports PC applications, including word processors, spreadsheets, graphics packages, database management systems, electronic mail, communications, etc.
- Conducts Directory user provisioning and administration.
- Performs system maintenance, including back-ups, patching, and data recovery.
- Consults with business users regarding hardware, software and network requirements.
· Delivers IT support services:
- Offers superior customer service through focus on client satisfaction and 1st-time right.
- Promptly responds to requests and timely completes assigned calls, incidents, and tasks.
- Provides effective answers via phone, email, and in-person.
- Resolves concerns and if needed, dispatches tickets for final resolution.
- Researches technology issues and provides correct answers to questions.
- Provides timely status updates, maintains call records, and prepares reports
- Conducts training and provides users with instructions as needed.
· Adheres to company policies, follows department procedures and standard practices, and respects guidelines governing privacy, physical security, and information security.
· Displays a professional appearance with courteous work habits and collaborative attitude.
· Balances a sense of urgency against measured thinking and attention to detail; self-starter
· Exhibits willingness to occasionally work beyond regular office hours if needed; limited travel.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent with 3+ years prior relevant experience; or Associate Degree with minimum of 5+ years relevant experience is preferred.
· Minimum of 2+ years of experience conducting server and network administration duties, including server room, patch management, and telecommunications connectivity.
· Ability to interact professionally with end users and provide support services using ticketing systems such as ServiceNow is required.
· Significant experience with a broad set of PC-based software applications and tools.
· Industry certifications including CompTIA, MTA, MCSA are preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Prior experience performing system administrator tasks with such as installation, maintenance, and support of multi-platform technology, client/server infrastructure, SQL Server and Oracle databases, Citrix, NetApp, and PC LAN environments including Windows
2008/2012/2016, Windows XP/7/10, and Linux.
· Must have strong logic skills and ability to understand and trouble-shoot technology issues, including networking and server configurations.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; well-organized, self-motivated, and self-disciplined.
· Knowledge of ITIL service management concepts preferred, or other IT best practice methods such as GAMP, COBIT, or CMMI.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at www.gi-de.com/us . Giesecke & Devrient America offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER