Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Technical Writer that will be involved in various aspects of technical content development, maintenance, and distribution for G+D products. This individual will be expected to lead several projects and direct the work of colleagues and other Technical Writers on staff.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to competitive remuneration, you can also expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
The position entails working with engineering, product managers, field engineers, technical instructors, and other subject matter experts to create user manuals, how-to procedures, training guides, and online eLearning training materials. The Technical Writer will interpret complex electromechanical and software engineering language in a simplified manner to a diverse audience who may or may not be technically savvy.
The Technical Writer will also revise, update, and coordinate the progress of technical content materials documentation and eLearning materials from development to release while maintaining version control.
- Work with technical support personnel, engineering, field engineers, product managers and technical instructors, to research, write, edit and proofread technical documentation relating to the products manufactured, sold, and supported by G+D.
- Write and edit newsletter articles or other publicity pieces.
- Set up documentation revision and update process for the documentation department.
- Maintain and track documents and their revisions. Distribute physical and electronic copies of revisions to customers. Create and maintain a document-tracking database.
- Ensure that each document released internally or externally conforms to G+D established standards.
- Collaborate with the G+D Global Documentation Team in providing input to best practices, new standards and tools in the industry to keep pace with new market requirements.
- Maintain technical content for the release of semi-annual Sp@res and More publications.
- Outline the concept for an eLearning course or curriculum, defining content delivery, assessments, accompanying materials, and complementary learning approaches.
- Design and develop eLearning courses and accompanying training materials for the electromechanical and software products following.
- Write storyboards, audio scripts for the eLearning courses.
- Keep up to date on digital publishing tools, learning tools, trends, and ideas.
- Direct the work of other Technical Writers on staff by setting up priorities and deadlines for the production of the documentation.
- Exercise independent judgement in problem solving.
BA degree in English (or related field) and 4 - 6 years of experience in technical editing and writing, or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- a minimum of four (4) years of technical editing/writing experience
- Excellent writing skills: spelling, grammar, punctuation rules, sentence structure, and knowledge of technical vocabulary.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio), FrameMaker, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong knowledge of eLearning publishing tools (Adobe Captivate preferred).
- Experience with graphic editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Snag- and video editing tools such as Adobe Premier, Video Maker.
- Experience with document/content management system software (TCToolbox preferred)
- Experience working with XML editors to write DITA content in content management system environment.
- Experience in managing documentation and eLearning development projects. Ability to initiate and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, as well as the ability to evaluate projects, define deliverables, set deadlines and ensure their timely completion.
- Ability to work with no or limited supervision.
- Knowledge of the banknote processing industry and terminology is a plus.
- German language translation experience is a plus.BA degree in English (or related field) and 4 - 6 years of experience in technical editing and writing, or equivalent.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity