Electromechanical Field Service Technician III
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking a Level III Field Engineer to perform customer-site servicing and repair of complex electromechanical equipment while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through the use of data-driven tools, proactive attention to customer requirements and positive customer interactions.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to competitive remuneration, you can also expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
This position requires the flexibility to work long hours and travel as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes knowledge and skills to diagnose and repair mechanical, hardware, software, and systems failures
- Responds to service calls promptly, performs maintenance of equipment systems at a customer site on a variable shift schedule that is determined by customer needs, and assists operators with operational problems that occur during a shift
- Performs all administrative duties including record keeping, reporting, and inventory management in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains and develops technical competence through formal training programs, on-site training, and on-the-job training
- Adheres to all required company policies concerning confidentiality of company information as well as customer policies and procedures
- Manages parts inventory, coordinates shipment of parts for repair and replenishment, and maintains the inventory of tools and test equipment
- Records maintenance activities using approved methods and procedure
- Follows escalation procedures to ensure that problems are resolved expeditiously and that timely communications are maintained with designated G+D personnel and customer management
- Actively promotes a high level of customer satisfaction by maintaining open communications and providing pro-active attention to customer requirements
- Demonstrates flexibility to travel, as necessary, in support of business needs, including travel to provide coverage for other Field Engineers during vacations, illnesses, etc. Coverage can be at a home site or could require travel to other sites
- Performs all activities in a safe manner and adheres to company policies and procedures relating to safety
- Assist with onsite training of lower level Field Engineers
- BS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline and one year experience (preferably in a field service environment); AAS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline and three years’ experience (preferably in a field service environment); or High School diploma (or equivalent) plus five years’ work experience (preferably in a field service environment) required.
- Capabilities should include electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability, understanding of electronic principles, and a working knowledge of computer systems and P.C.’s. Hands on experience with solenoids, belts, rollers, and guides is a plus.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity