IT Systems Engineer
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking an IT Systems Engineer to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
Responsible for the efficient operation of the assigned systems and network configurations. Duties include deployment, maintenance, and management of multi-vendor technology, including network administration across the Americas region. Ensures infrastructure designs support failover testing, data integrity and security, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans. Effectively troubleshoots problems, resolves issues, monitors systems and network performance, and documents changes to the IT landscape. Required to occasionally work non-standard hours, including patch weekend and after-hours support for emergencies. Able and willing to travel ~20% to support other company locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates expertise to install, configure, and securely manage, monitor, and maintain corporate IT systems and datacenter locations, including servers, racks/cabling, firewalls, switches, routers, and DMZ configurations.
- Ability to implement and administer IT infrastructure (installs, backups, patching, sysadmin, etc.), storage devices, and network environments (firewalls, switches, routers, etc.)
- Designs new, and modifies existing, infrastructure architecture in compliance with corporate methods, physical and logical security requirements, and adherence to governing standards.
- Configures and tests network connectivity with clients across multiple technologies using PGP encryption, such as VPN, Trunk, IPSEC tunnels, Connect:Direct, SFTP, TCP/IP, etc.
- Supports, administers, and monitors intrusion detection and prevention systems, as well as vulnerability and network penetration assessments; conducts timely remediation as needed.
- Expertise to troubleshoot and deduce root cause, as well as technical adeptness to resolve complex issues across multiple communication protocols, networks, and operating systems.
- Plans and coordinates a variety of over-lapping projects with minimal supervision; self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Uses required change management process to document all changes to infrastructure and network devices, including centralized Log management.
- Maintains and updates required network diagrams to reflect approved configuration changes.
- Ensures software licensing compliance across all infrastructure, network, and applications.
- Participates in cross-training of other staff to ensure coverage for routine duties
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality, as well as mentor junior-level employees.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Engineering design expertise to architect and securely deploy and maintain IT infrastructure.
- Preferred certifications include:
- VCP (VMWare Certified Professional)
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCDP
- CompTIA A+/Security+
- Microsoft MSCA/MCSE
- Strong English language skills, both verbal and written with ability to effectively translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related field, plus at least 3 years of relevant technical experience in a similar role, or a combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years prior hands-on experience managing datacenter infrastructure required, with multi-platform technical skills across physical/virtual servers, load balancers, and network tools:
- Network switches and routers: Cisco & Fortinet
- Monitoring systems: Nagios, PRTG and IDP
- Backup systems: Acronis, CommVault Simpana
- Computing environments: MS-Server, MS-Windows, UNIX, Linux
- Connectivity interfaces: LAN/WAN, WIFI, VPN, Trunk, IPSEC tunnels Connect:Direct, SFTP, TCP/IP and other communication protocols
- Preferred experience:
- Good knowledge of information security practices, vulnerability assessments, and data encryption, Cyber Security, PCI, EMV
- Encryption methods such as PGP
- IT Service Management tools, such as ServiceNow
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity