Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for dealing with mobile operator customers and providing pre- and post-sale support for smart cards and related systems.
You are about to become part of a young and idealistic team: Experience Giesecke & Devrient’s long tradition of using cutting-edge technology. Explore the unlimited market of management services with us. Take advantage of the opportunity to work with associates and clients from all over the world.
Number of Vacancies: Several
- Dealing with mobile operator customers; providing pre- and post-sale support for smart cards and related systems
- Correctly understanding customers’ industry needs regarding smart cards and systems; after gaining an understanding of their requirements, promptly passing this information on to the company’s products department
- Acting together with the company’s internal product department to provide proposals that address customers’ concerns, and holding meetings to discuss proposals and technical issues with customers
- Keeping up with the speed of development and working within customers’ time constraints to deliver projects and products; communicating with customers to handle the problems and issues needing clarification that arise during development
- Providing technological support for customers; assisting in debugging and testing; working with customers to overcome product application obstacles and system usability issues
- Tracking the progress of smart card product manufacturing and the implementation process for system products
- Assisting sales personnel with collecting information on customers and competitors
- Full-time undergraduate degree or higher in a field relating to computers, communications, or automation
- Good foundation in English; ability to read technical specifications written in English; ability to use English every day in the workplace
- Strong ability to independently analyze and solve problems; ability to work independently and a good team spirit; an active and positive attitude
- An understanding of one or more of the following technologies or industries is preferred: GSM/CDMA Internet protocols and standards, mobile value-added services, smartphone application development and platforms, Internet security, PKI technology and services, Mifare, NFC, PBOC 2.0, EMV, RFID, and other such technological standards
- A good understanding of SIM cards, NFC, payment technologies, and applications is preferred
- Experience with Java, Java applets, Mobile Wallet, and PBOC testing is preferred
We welcome your application and look forward to the possibility of you joining us! Send your application by e-mail GDChina.firstname.lastname@example.org.