Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking an Instructor to join our growing team in Dulles, VA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
Conduct programs to train employees or customers on safety, installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of machinery and equipment. In doing so, the instructor will utilize the appropriate manuals, specifications, blueprints, and schematics, as well as the necessary test equipment, and hand tools. This position requires the individual to assist in developing training programs, which includes all necessary outlines, lesson guides, handouts, tests, laboratory exercises, and visual aids. In fulfilling this responsibility, he/she will demonstrate his/her knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and troubleshooting as well as instructional development techniques as necessary. The instructor will administer written and practical exams, and shall evaluate each trainee’s performance, providing written evaluations.
- Provide classroom instruction to Field Engineers, and other technical personnel, and customers in the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Assist in developing student evaluation programs and evaluating each student’s performance.
- Assist in the design and development of the training curricula, ensuring the effectiveness of course objectives.
- Assist in writing and maintaining service and training documentation to best reflect service requirements.
- Conduct on-site training of Field Engineers to enhance their capability in a customer environment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an effective Training Critique and Evaluation program between field personnel and the Training department.
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary to support the students during training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree-preferred with3+ years related experience required. Experience should include both platform time as well as course development time
- Experience developing computer based training is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels
- A good understanding of the requirements of a field service organization is strongly preferred
- The candidate should possess excellent computer skills relating to both hardware and software
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity