Area Sales Manager
Responsible for Sales of Currency Automation Products and Services in assigned sales region in coordination with the Head of Sales - Central Banks; VASS and Sales Controlling MEA and in compliance with regional sales strategy
Scope and Purpose:
- Sales of Currency Automation Products and Services in assigned sales region in coordination with the Head of Sales - Central Banks; VASS and Sales Controlling MEA and in compliance with regional sales strategy
- Establish and maintain strong and firm business relationship to customers
- Focus on triggering new sales opportunities, by finding appropriate solutions in our product mix, and packaging them in an offer to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Attend to the customer during the complete business cycle and follow up project milestones in close cooperation with Sales Administration, Project Management, and Service, and Finance departments.
- Monitor competitive activities, identify customer future needs in terms of product portfolio and currency automation solutions; build up a strong link to the Product Marketing / Management
Key Result Areas & Responsibilities:
- Achieve assigned individual sales targets, as well as company objectives for the allocated sales area
- Generate customer requirements and leads through sales visits and close customer contact, actively visit the larger end-user accounts.
- Prepare and present strategic plans for a more complex cash centre solutions to customers
- Conduct technical presentations and demonstrations
- Liaise and negotiate with very high ranking public and private sector staff
- Close deals and sign sales and maintenance contracts with direct customers
- Accurate reporting of Order Income, revenues, and forecast of sales activities in Sales Force
- Be responsible and accountable to the accurate entries and planning of opportunities in Sales Force
- Monitor and report competitor activities within the Regional Sales Manager’s defined accounts.
- Responsible for initiating project scope to obtain costs and internal approvals as well as review of financial and technical proposals to be sent customers in a timely and presentable manner.
- Provide appropriate reporting in Salesforce e.g. (score card, travel reports etc.).
- Develop an account strategy for 3-5 years view (i.e. Master plan and Key Account Plan)
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that opportunities for product and market development are identified and actioned.
- Creates and communicates leads and sales opportunities for respective accounts (e.g. cross-selling) to the VASS and Project Management team
- Clearly define and communicate problems as perceived by the customer and coordinate with Service and Project Management for the execution
- Coordinate with Service and Sales Operations team for the execution of the AMCs
- Escalate in timely manner to the Sales Operations team and to the Head of Sales - Central Banks; VASS and Sales Controlling MEA any issues in regards to supply chain, project, and after-sales execution.
- Keep updated with latest product information and technical requirements to sell the product successfully and give confidence to the reseller channel
- Responsible for organizing and documenting (i.e. in Salesforce and Minutes of Meetings) bi-weekly meetings with CAM and other departments, as needed, to track and to resolve all open issues related to revenue and order income.
- Prioritize for the CAM colleagues their tasks (i.e. order processing, proposals and contract preparation, and any other administrative tasks).
- Support CAM with consistent coaching, identify their development and training needs.
- Set individual and team goals for the cluster in coordination with Head of Sales - Central Banks; VASS and Sales Controlling MEA; proactively assess and manage performance against expectation
- Manage and motivate the team to drive business: create a positive and harmonious work environment, foster cooperation within the team and between peers and colleagues.
- Travel extensively within sales area to build up and maintain customer relationship
- Follow Miller-Heiman methodology such as blue sheets for opportunities and gold sheets for account management) and share them monthly with Head of Sales - Central Banks; VASS and Sales Controlling MEA.
- Communicate to all internal departments the scope of any offer in details such as the scope of supply and additional services in order to enable the other departments to provide their costs, configuration, layouts.
- Be responsible to review customer requests (such as tenders and request for inquiry) and guide the CAM team member in order to answer on time, quality, and accuracy all the customer expectations.
- Advanced technical or business related degree
- At least 3 to 10 years of direct sales experience for technical products in the Africa region and already holding a senior sales manager position.
- Fluency in English mandatory and fluency in French will be a definite advantage.
- Preferably dealing already in special purpose machinery manufacturing business ideally in banking related field or any capital equipment field
- To be au fait with high level decision makers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capability to listen, comprehend customer’s need and derive adequate technical and commercial solutions
- Matured approach to business and understanding of core principals of key account management
- Candidate must be willing to travel extensively in all over the African region (about 60 to 70%)
Apply to: email@example.com