We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our R&D team.
You’ll be involved in the entire platform stack, which is a distributed system composed of dozens of modules, written mostly in Java 7, using frameworks such as SprintBoots, Vaadin, hibernate, Apache Tomcat…. You’ll also develop high-quality code for our existing and new software products, with high availability and scalability standards, frequent releases thanks to CI and automated deployment.
Your day-to-day will consist of:
- Developing new components of a micro-service oriented architecture in HA.
- Working with the newest technologies and languages such as functional-style Java 8.
- Identifying and communicating improvements that increase performance, scalability and software quality.
- Delivering tested quality software after every 2-week sprint, using Scrum methodology.
- Work in own product development and internal improvement.
What we expect from you:
- Computer Science degree or similar.
- Strong background in Java (3+ years of experience with web-based applications).
- Knowledge of software best practices like TDD, refactoring, clean code and DDD.
- Knowledge of a SQL or any relational database.
- Team-player: you are open to ego-free discussions.
- Automation-lover: you hate wasting your time in repetitive tasks, and trust Jenkins to do them for you.
- Scout’s Honour mindset: always leave the code cleaner than you found it.
What´s great about working with us:
- Culture: Join a friendly, humble and talented group with different nationalities.
- Best-in-class equipment: High performance PC with hugh monitors.
- Flexible working hours and holidays.
- Medical insurance benefits.
- Continuous training and coaching.
- Everyone has a voice.
- Own “cantine”,
- Offsite team events (BBQ, volley, outdoor activities,...)