Supply Chain Manager
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the Company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy supporting Production execution in order to maximize process efficiency, productivity and cost reduction in line with the Company’s policies, procedures and objectives.
This Supply Chain Manager will be a hands-on Leader responsible for synchronizing the supply of materials with the Demand forecast and the Production execution plan. Areas of responsibility include: Procurement, Planning/Scheduling, Shipping/Receiving, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control. In addition, the incumbent plays a crucial role in developing and maintaining strong partnerships with vendors and distributors.
The Supply Chain manager is a goal oriented thinker and utilizes quantitative and analytical approaches to determine, calculate and proactively improve the overall supply chain processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the development, implementation and management of an integrated Supply Chain infrastructure and all associated processes. Strong focus on cost optimization, Working Capital reductions, and implementation of best practices in line with the Company’s policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Review, interpret and take decisive action on financial and operational information impacting the supply chain; coordinate and develop periodic operational analysis with a keen focus on improving accountability and efficiency to meet the market place demand and Company targets .
- Lead the S&OP process for the production site through strong collaboration with all stakeholders translating input into defined actions and targets.
- Develop and Support the Master Scheduling team with monitoring production execution and maintaining appropriate inventory levels and safety stocks for all bill of materials .
- Work closely with Regional Production Planning to support inter-company Load balancing as required.
- Maintain and monitor all material master attributes in the ERP.
- Develop, Monitor and Report KPIs covering Supply Chain performance across all Business partners (internal and external) to support production execution and continuous improvement.
- Develop, recommend and implement Supply Chain policies and procedures to facilitate the most economical and expeditious method of procuring and managing materials / inventory.
- Working closely with Head Office and the Region develop, implement and monitor the Vendor / Supplier base, direct and indirect, through disciplined activities involving contract management, scorecards, procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiations, supplier audits etc.
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual business plans and forecast cycle updates.
- Act as Lead contact for the site for all escalations involving Supply Chain matters.
- Keep abreast of the latest managerial, manufacturing and Supply chain management techniques by reading and attending seminars and conferences.
- Direct and counsel subordinate managers and employees in regard to job performance and accountabilities. Conduct performance reviews and make recommendations accordingly.
- Other Duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Mgmt, Logistics, or Business related field .
- 10+ years total industry manufacturing experience in a leadership role with significant work experience as a Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Analyst, Mgr. Logistics / Warehouse or another similar role.
- Advanced understanding of all levels of the supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, scheduling, warehouse, and logistics management) and Working Capital management.
- Proven analytical mindset coupled with a strong business focus directed toward a commitment to optimization and efficiency.
- Aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting with heightened attention to detail.
- A self-starter with outstanding organizational and management skills and ability to work independently while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Effective negotiation skills with proven results in managing Supplier relationships, driving Supplier improvements and cost reductions. .
- Experience managing customs compliance and distribution teams.
- ERP system experience (SAP preferred), particularly with warehouse and distribution systems.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate and cultivate relationships with all levels of an Organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proven skill set in Excel is a must.
- Lean or Six Sigma experience an asset.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification preferred
- Certification in Transportation and Logistics (CTL)
- Certified Master Logistician (CML)
- Certified Professional Logistician (CPL)
- Demonstrates the ability to manage a network of interconnected businesses and processes involved in the provision of products and services.
- Strong understanding of all management activities carried out in the course of running an organization and the disciplines of planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific goals and objectives.
- Accurately identifies risks affecting the supply, transformation and delivery of products and services to meet customer demand. Develops strategies to analyze the probability and control the impact of the identified risks.
- Practices goal oriented thinking. The process involves the ability to map alternate courses of action, identify associated critical success factors, assess the likely outcomes and consequences of the actions, and chose the best course.
- Capacity to think in careful and discerning ways to solve problems, analyze data and to recall and apply information.
- Understands the systematic approach to closing process and system performance gaps through streamlining, cycle reduction, elimination of quality defects, and reduction of process variation / non value adding activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation of a team and understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance.
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and professionalism when dealing with clients, peers and team members.
- Understands and anticipates the business needs and concerns of others and shows perspective in other points of view.
- Ability in identifying and managing conflict in a sensible, fair and efficient manner.
- Takes steps to develop and maintain knowledge, skills and expertise to achieve positive results.
- Practices meaningful two way communication and persuasively presents thoughts and ideas, in both written and verbal form, gaining commitment and ensuring support.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity about the current environment and challenges the status quo with a bias towards action and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates the willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity