Sophisticated modeling and simulation
One of the major roadblocks for many central banks is the uncertainty surrounding the implications of introducing a digital currency. Sophisticated and flexible modeling and simulation is required to ensure that the stability of the financial system is maintained. G+D has partnered with FNA (Financial Network Analytics) to provide unrivaled expertise in advanced analytics, modeling, and simulation technology.
Simulating the CBDC impact
Create a digital replica of the existing payment system and network
Evaluate alternative configurations to balance and determine risks and adoption
Build a common understanding across stakeholders
With a clear and realistic understanding of CBDC deployment, implementation can safely begin
By modelling the daily behavior of consumers and merchants, FNA simulates the adoption of a CBDC, the features of the economy, and other competing payment instruments. This type of (agent-based) modelling enables flexible and rich scenario analysis of how the rollout of a CBDC would affect the payment system and financial stability.
Benefits of CBDC Simulation
- Test multiple scenarios and develop optimum CBDC configurations
- Understand and measure potential risks across the entire financial system
- Simulate stresses to the new and existing payment systems
- Base simulations on historical data, specific research, synthetic data, and more, to provide the most valuable insights and predict payment behaviours
- Provide clarity to all participants in payment system as to how a CBDC will affect their current payment processing
G+D Filia® is our commitment to supporting central banks, commercial banks, fintechs, merchants, and other players in overcoming the roadblocks to CBDC.
G+D Filia® Sandbox
A sandbox environment for central banks to test our CBDC solution securely, while allowing for customization and extensions according to individual needs and requirements.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Request more information
If you have any questions about our end-to-end business solutions or about our company, seek expert advice, or want to give us your feedback, our team is here to support you, anytime.