Software Support Engineer
Looking for a Software Support Engineer, who will be responsible for implementation of software packages at customer sites.
Scope and Purpose:
- Implement software packages at customer sites
- Respond to and troubleshoot all customer software issues for all G+D SWS products.
- Ensure that all issues are resolved to the customer satisfaction within the contracted SLA times. Provide onsite assistance as required.
Key Result Areas & Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to work in a 24x7 environment. Must be willing to travel on-site and for extended periods if required.
- Document all issues in G+D’s issue tracking system
- Setup and configuration of test environment in order to duplicate issues
- Responsible to troubleshoot and identify customer issues with the software and escalate to the R&D team if code changes are required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for customer communication
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all customers at all times
- Keep up-to-date with technical and G+D product knowledge
- Lead Implementation activities at customer site
- Provide training on software as required
- Create documentation (Support/Training) as required
- Computer Science or related degree and 4+ years’ experience in a customer support role and prior experience in banking or warehousing industry is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skill are a must.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, ability for multitasking and good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and persistent in execution and follow-up tasks and the ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and utilize sound judgment in dealing with business information.
- Generates enthusiasm and support of company objectives and is trustworthy and credible.
- Experience with setting up database servers, application servers and reporting servers
- Demonstrated skills in operating systems (MS platform – NT/XP/Windows 7, SERVER2012, CITRIX) database systems (MS SQL 2012, Oracle) and application systems (IBM Websphere, JBoss)
- Working knowledge of used programming languages (e.g. Java, .NET, C#) is desirable and have excellent ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members in a multicultural and international environment.
- Need to utilize sound judgment in dealing with business information.
- The ability to make recommendations for continuous quality improvements in all areas of accountability.
- Flexibility to work long hours as necessary and able to handle high pressure in a professional manner
Apply To: email@example.com