Area Sales Manager
Responsible for sales of Currency Automation Products and Services in assigned sales region in coordination with the Head of Sales & Marketing and in compliance with regional sales strategy
Scope and Purpose:
- Sales of Currency Automation Products and Services in assigned sales region in coordination with the Head of Sales & Marketing and in compliance with regional sales strategy
- Establish and maintain strong and firm relationship to customers
- Focus on triggering new sales opportunities, by finding appropriate solutions in our product mix, and packaging them in an offer to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Attend to the customer during the complete business cycle and follow up project milestones in close cooperation with Sales Administration and Project Management
- Monitor competitive activities, identify customer future needs in terms of product portfolio and currency automation solutions; build up a strong link to the Product Marketing / Management
Key Result Areas / Responsibilities:
- Achieve assigned individual sales targets, as well as company objectives for the allocated sales area
- Liaise and negotiate with very high ranking public and private sector staff
- Close deals and sign sales and maintenance contracts with direct customers
- Report and forecast sales activities
- Monitor and report competitor activities
- Travel extensively within sales area to build up and maintain customer relationship
- Advanced technical or business related degree
- At least 3 to 10 years of direct sales experience for technical products in the Africa region and already holding a senior sales manager position.
- Fluency in English mandatory and fluency in French will be a definite advantage.
- Preferably dealing already in special purpose machinery manufacturing business ideally in banking related field or any capital equipment field
- To be au fait with high level decision makers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capability to listen, comprehend customer’s need and derive adequate technical and commercial solutions
- Matured approach to business and understanding of core principals of key account management
- Candidate must be willing to travel extensively in all over the African region (about 60 to 70%)