Quality Assurance Technician
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician to join our growing team in Dulles, VA. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
This is a 2nd shift position with hours of 2:30pm-10:30pm.
Job Summary: Qualify and approve work for production through testing and sampling and to assist the Quality Assurance Manager with the qualification of vendors through incoming quality inspection of raw materials and products. Assist in qualifying and approving finished products, vendors, raw materials and create documents and procedures.
- Perform quality control tasks which include Receiving, In-process and Final Inspection tests per documented procedures.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all test results, manually and/or electronically.
- Assist in the development and documentation of quality processes.
- Conduct problem solving activities in conjunction with various departments to address quality non conformances identified and communicate results to the management team
- Perform specialized product testing, as necessary.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Work performed in a light industrial setting.
- Required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk about the facility.
- Ability to distinguish color variations.
- Able to use various measuring devices.
- Must be able to work assigned overtime as needed.
- Ability to work independently of others.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent (College Degree Preferred).
- Basic computer skills. (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Familiar with ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 Management Systems
- Ability to read and understand Blueprints or Technical Drawings, ISO and Industry associated standards and test instructions.
- Self-confident, detail oriented, and able to work at times with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity