Account Executive, Software Solutions, Americas
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is seeking an Account Executive, Software Solutions, Americas to join our growing team in the US or Canada. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Discover Your Passion for the World of Banknotes. G+D Currency Technology is a market leader in creating innovative solutions for banknotes and banknote processing systems. We are a trusted partner to central banks and the currency industry, increasing security and efficiency in the money cycle. As part of Giesecke+Devrient Group, we offer a wide range of development opportunities in an international, family-owned company that has more than 11,000 employees worldwide. In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect an excellent package of benefits, and flexible working conditions.
- Create and manage business opportunities with potential customers and develop new projects;
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s business needs and future requirements; establish account presence and build trust with key contacts in the customer organization, all aligned with the account executive;
- Prepare technical specifications, software scoping, customization, and pricing and negotiate with the customer in conformity with the internal cost sheets and pricing guidelines and aligned with the internal stakeholders;
- Provide customer support and ensure that project targets (functionality/quality, delivery schedule, project budget, profitability) meet customer expectations;
- Perform functional requirement analysis / engineering with the customer and ensure that in the course of the product sales and implementation cycle all software related specifications (functional, design and user acceptance specifications) are mutually agreed, in place, and executed;
- Assist with the supervision and control of software change requests in the course of the project life cycle;
- Achieve yearly technical sales targets and forecast goals as defined by objectives;
- Support the development of product roadmaps, services and solution offerings in alignment with the Global Product Strategy;
- Support and train the regional sales, service and project management teams on how to position the G+D software portfolio more effectively; provide support to sales team in tracking leads, conducting sales presentations and maintaining account relationships;
- Maintain an accurate CRM database for accounts;
- Provide direction to the Marketing department for the development of a software marketing program;
- Respond to technical questions in incoming tenders;
- Monitor and report competitor activities, products and services; analyse potential partners and sub-suppliers; collaborate with product management to develop and execute marketing/sales programs;
- Travel extensively within the region to build up and maintain customer relationships;
- Attend regular global sales meetings and training initiatives;
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be changed or assigned at any time with or without notice
- 5+ years professional experience in the software and banking industry in customer-facing roles eg. in sales or business development
- Advanced technical or business related degree with strong IT background (Operating systems, Databases, Networks, Server HW)
- Experience in cash logistics / cash management on the supplier and/or customer side (e.g. cash centers, banknote processing and logistics)
- International experience with a proven ability to communicate and work effectively in a multicultural and international environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times
- Generates enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit and support of company objectives
- Utilizes sound judgment in dealing with business information
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Flexibility to work long hours as necessary
- Ability to handle high pressure in a professional manner
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/en/ca/career/jobs. Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity