Silkscreen Press Operator
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is seeking a Silkscreen Press Operator
to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
G+D Mobile Security is a global mobile security technology company headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is part of the Giesecke+Devrient Group. G+D Mobile Security has a workforce of 5,700 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 812 m in the 2017 fiscal year. More than 40 sales and partner offices as well as 20+ certified production and personalization sites and data centers ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G+D Mobile Security manages and secures billions of digital identities throughout their entire life cycle. Our products and solutions are used by commercial banks, mobile network operators, car and mobile device manufacturers, business enterprises, transit authorities and health insurances and their customers every day to secure payment, communication and device-to-device interaction. G+D Mobile Security is a technology leader in its markets and holds a strong competitive position.
There are two (2) positions available. One is a 3rd shift position with hours of 10:30pm-6:30am Sunday-Thursday with OT required at times. The second position is a 2nd shift position with hours of 2:30pm-10:30pm Monday-Friday with OT required at times.
- Operate and maintain Sakurai silkscreen press
- Monitor, advise and delegate to helper(s)
- Maintain all security, audit, and production chemical usage sheets.
- Properly document sheet counts on audit forms and maintain accurate counts
- Follow instructions per job packet information
- Handle core material (loading, stacking, and winding)
- Print graphic layers with tight tolerances according to proof and customer requirements
- Maintain quality and color density across all printed sheets
- Ink color mixing / matching & curing of the following:
- Pantone Library
- Custom mixes / matches per client specifications
- Solvent, Waterbase, Adhesives & UV inks
- Perform maintenance on press and other equipment as required
- Keep all work area equipment clean
- Perform Lean printing concepts daily to ensure productivity
- Achieve high quality print within specified parameters to meet company / customer expecations
- Maintain company quality standards by meeting department goals and customer specifications
- Willingness to cross train other personnel
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Work performed in a light industrial setting
- Required to frequently bend and lift at least 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk about the facility
- Keen vision or corrected eyesight
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent required
- 3-5 years of silk-screening experience
- Basic color management experience required
- PVC, Polycarbonate, or ABS Substrate printing experience preferred
- Must be able to create and expose screens
- Technical / Mechanical problem solving ability
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance measures
- Ability to read, write, and do math at high school level
- Ability to interpret and comprehend information from job specifications
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work assigned overtime as needed
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at https://www.gi-de.com/en/us/career/jobs/. Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Join us in shaping the future.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity