Sophisticated modeling and simulation
One of the major roadblocks for many central banks is the uncertainty surrounding the implications of introducing a digital currency. Sophisticated and flexible modeling and simulation is required to ensure that the stability of the financial system is maintained. G+D has partnered with FNA (Financial Network Analytics) to provide unrivaled expertise in advanced analytics, modeling, and simulation technology.
Simulating the CBDC impact
Create a digital replica of the existing payment system and network
Evaluate alternative configurations to balance and determine risks and adoption
Build a common understanding across stakeholders
With a clear and realistic understanding of CBDC deployment, implementation can safely begin
By modelling the daily behavior of consumers and merchants, FNA simulates the adoption of a CBDC, the features of the economy, and other competing payment instruments. This type of (agent-based) modelling enables flexible and rich scenario analysis of how the rollout of a CBDC would affect the payment system and financial stability.
Benefits of CBDC Simulation
- Test multiple scenarios and develop optimum CBDC configurations
- Understand and measure potential risks across the entire financial system
- Simulate stresses to the new and existing payment systems
- Base simulations on historical data, specific research, synthetic data, and more, to provide the most valuable insights and predict payment behaviours
- Provide clarity to all participants in payment system as to how a CBDC will affect their current payment processing
Sign up for our newsletter!
Request more information
If you have any questions about our end-to-end business solutions or about our company, seek expert advice, or want to give us your feedback, our team is here to support you, anytime.