Digitalize your processes with eSIM technology
eSIM management is more than the evolution of SIM cards from the physical to the virtual: It is one of the technologies that will have the greatest impact on the IoT and push its acceptance significantly. With a solid and reliable management solution for embedded subscriber identity modules in place, MNOs are well positioned to be key enablers of the exploding IoT market. In addition MNOs can create new and convenient consumer device journeys.
With our proven, award-winning, future-proof eSIM Management solution, mobile operators securely manage the lifecycle of cellular subscriptions. This solution addresses the consumer, enterprise and the IoT market. Consumers benefit from a convenient and fully digital user experience. This enables entirely new customer acquisition journeys for further target groups. The eSIM Management solution also fosters the development of innovative and attractive consumer device types, which in turn increases the demand for multi-device contracts.
Enterprises maintain a large number of connected devices, typically smartphones, laptops, and tablets. In an enterprise environment, these devices entrusted to employees still need to be managed by the company. Our Management Service allows enterprises to remotely manage employee mobile connectivity with flexibility.
Today, the fastest growing sector is Industrial IoT, which includes sensors, processors, systems, and platforms used by businesses to create greater operational efficiencies. IoT devices, such as sensor modules, logistics tracking systems, and manufacturing equipment take advantage of mobile connectivity and typically use eSIMs. Embedded subscriber identity modules make the rollout and lifecycle management of these sensors straightforward and efficient.
MNOs benefit from eSIM management in many ways:
- New business: convenient, remote, and instant customer registration leads to innovative new use cases, for example for travelers
- Revenue growth: higher levels of eSIM adoption in consumer IoT increases sales of multi-device plans
- Cost savings: end-to-end digital process eases logistics and allows fast and inexpensive customer acquisition
- Attractive devices: eSIM technology facilitates innovative, slim, sleek but also robust mobile device designs
- Customer satisfaction: easy and fully digital customer onboarding
- More customers: flexible and easy-to-use connectivity results in new Industrial IoT customers
Trust the market leader
We are the market leader – and thought leader – in eSIM management. G+D deployed the world’s first working management platform in 2011. We manage the majority of commercial eSIM deployments globally and provide most of the eUICCs in consumer devices. Our eSIM management platform AirOn is compliant with GSMA RSP specifications for consumer and M2M/IoT use cases. In addition, our solution provides extended functionality that has proven invaluable in commercial deployments. It also leads customers to re-engineer the end-user experience, generate more revenue, lower costs, and differentiate themselves in the market.
AirOn eSIM management platform provides:
- GSMA compliancy: SM-DP+ functionality certified by GSMA, supporting all GSMA-compliant eUICCs and eSIM management use cases
- High availability: High performant and geo redundant service with an availability of up to 99.99 percent
- 5G readiness: End to end 5G eSIM management solution with 5G enabled eUICCs, eSIM profiles and platform
- GSMA Root Discovery Service: Full integration and support of the GSMA Root DS for a fast and easy eSIM onboarding journey
- Entitlement Service: Enables remote configuration of Apple watches and other devices to activate eSIM, VoLTE or specific features
- Scalability: Fully scalable services based on business needs
We support all consumer and IoT use cases through our broad portfolio of eUICCs and secure embedded operating systems, and with data and profile generation. Our offering also includes device-related remote lifecycle management products and services, such as eSIM Management, Mobile Device Management, Quality of Service Monitoring, Mobile Analytics, and Roaming Steering.
Related products & solutions
The process for SIM activation and subscription needs a consumer-friendly way. Dependent on the customer journey and target device, various eSIM onboarding methods could be made available.
G+D’s eSIM technology is a win for producers, consumers, and the environment. Thanks to its fully digital nature, this management technology saves money, resources, and CO2 emissions.
Our 5G packages give service providers the technologies they need for their networks at every stage – before, during, and after a 5G mobile network rollout.
Today, SIM cards ensure more than the pure authentication to a network: data protection, mobile applications as well as services such as payment, transit, and digital car key, in addition to IoT-focused security applications.
More insights into eSIM
The greenest SIM is the eSIM
There are significant environmental benefits in using an eSIM. CO2 output is greatly reduced – and it is worth considering the extent of this reduction. Not only is plastic waste minimized if the SIM card goes fully digital, but also the entire production process, from plastic sourcing to distribution, is eliminated.
eSIM package including report & webinar 2021
The GSMA Intelligence developed the latest report together with G+D about eSIM: State of the consumer market and the road ahead. Get your download package including the eSIM report 2021, the video recording of the eSIM webinar 2021 and the slides.
eSIM package with IDC study & webinar 2020
The IDC study, commissioned by G+D, provides highly differentiated insights into how key ecosystem players perceive the relevance of eSIM technology. Get your package with the IDC study 2020, the video recording of the eSIM webinar 2020 and the slides.